Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

PRACTICE x 3

There is an old joke which is part of the folklore of U.S.A about Carnegie Hall in New York City. The joke runs as follows:
Rumor is that a pedestrian on Fifty-seventh Street, Manhattan, stopped Jascha Heifetz and inquired, "Could you tell me how to get to Carnegie Hall?" "Yes," said Heifetz. "Practice, Practice, Practice!" 

That is the same exact way you will get to become an excellent artist, "PRACTICE". No matter what type of artist you want to be. Talent does not come by it self. You must pursue yourself up to the point in which you reach your goals. In this case I'm guessing it would be becoming good drawer. 


Once you start a drawing, finish it. Don't worry if is not coming out like you want it to. By finishing every single drawing you start you are practicing. Remember always, "PRACTICE IS THE KEY". That way you are getting use to the different type of movements you have to do in order to draw. Yes, is like playing guitar or playing any other instrument. You are going to have to develop a type of muscle movement. Handwriting is a good example, when you try to write with the hand you are not use to. Mentally you know what to do, but you hand doesn't. So, I tell you again: PRACTICE


Whenever you start getting the rhythm of it, you will get more into it as you start noticing that you are improving, which also will motivate you to keep drawing. You will be drawing like a professional in a short amount of time depending on how often you practice. Just to give you an idea... I draw at least 3 hours a day! Do I get bore of it? Of course not! I'm good at it and I like it, and I like it because I'm good at it!


Also, when practicing, something that helps a lot is listening to music. have some good music with you at the moment you are going to start and artwork. It allows you you relax a little bit, and it not necessarily has to relax you. It could be that, it gives you some sort of excitement, like in my case. I prefer to listen to instrumental music that gives me an epic feeling when I'm holding the pencil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment